Today most of us have huge contact list saved in Google account. What will happen if the contact information is not available or got corrupt? Yes, for that reason, sometimes it is necessary to backup your Google contacts.
Here is a step by step guide explaining how to take backup of Google contacts.
1. Login to your Google account
2. Go to Contacts tab. else visit google.com/contacts directly in case you are not logged in.
3. Here you would be prompted to login. After login you will be redirect to contacts page.
4. In contacts page, there will be 3 options
a) print the list of contacts,
b) import more contacts or
c) export the present contacts.
Here you are trying to backup the contacts hence you need to select Export. Export of the contacts can be taken in different formats. Select from My contacts.
Here you can select from Friends, Family, Coworkers, Biz Contacts or the Most Contacted ones (as shown in the above figure) or you can also have the option to export all the contacts at a time.
Now you will get options to select the format (shown in left side) to export the contacts into following formats:
2. Google CSV format (for importing into a Google account).
3. vCard format (for importing into Apple Address Book or other application)
Simply click on export and you will see the "Save/Save As" window for downloading the export file.
Save it now, We are done. Hope you have backed up your Google contacts successfully.