Finding the right phonetic to type words is very time consuming. It needs copying and then pasting in your text editor. i2Speak is a free online Smart IPA Keyboard (International Phonetic Alphabet) to quickly write phonetic symbols using Roman letters without the need to memorize any symbol code. i2Speak is a fantastic online phonetic typewriter that allows you to save and post phonetic script in a number of formats.
The site provides you with a virtual keyboard that can be changed to match different types of phonetic alphabets depending on the tab you click.
Please find the following features :
- The Smart IPA Keyboard lets you quickly type IPA phonetics without the need to memorize any symbol code. For every Roman character you type, a popup menu displays a group of phonetic symbols that share the same sound or shape beneath typed character. Use arrow keys to select the proper symbol then hit the Enter button.
- The Sampa English Keyboard lets you type English phonetics using Roman characters according to SAMPA (Speech Assessment Methods Phonetic Alphabet) rules.
- The IPA English Keyboard provides you with a full English phonetics keyboard. Press the symbol of interest using a suitable input device.
- You can type directly on your physical keyboard or on the virtual on-screen keyboard using a suitable input device such as mouse or touch screen device.
- You can change the keyboard symbols by selecting another layout from the listbox located above the virtual keyboard.
- For every keyboard layout, more symbols can be displayed by pressing the CAPS Lock.
- You can convert typed phonetics to the equivalent HTML code (unicode) to insert into your web page by clicking the HTML button. After copying the code using the Copy button, click the Editor button to continue typing.
- When you hover the mouse over an English phonetic button, a slick tooltip will show some example English words.
- You can save typed phonetics as an MS-Word file by clicking the Save button, copy them to clipboard using the Copy button, or post them to Twitter, Facebook, etc by clicking the desired button.
- You can save typed phonetics as a PNG image to insert in a presentation or share on a medium that does not support a proper phonetic font.