Pinterest's basic motive is to start boards on which you pin images along with a text description of what you are pinning. Among the pins here are some popular type of pins - home, arts and crafts, style and fashion, food and social media, technology.
Lets have a look how can you increase your visibility, traffic and sales on Pinterest.
1. Consistent Pinning : Frame all pinning schedules and make sure to pin at different times for optimal results. If you could reach 20 or more pins throughout the day, the outcome will be satisfactory. But always be very consistent and pin regularly in a whole week.
2. Less Background : Pins with backgrounds which are less empty and make sure that less than 10 percent of your pin background is empty. As a result it will receive more likes and repins than pins.
3. Various Colors Matters : According to a survey its been observed that reds and oranges will get more results than blues. Its better to pin images with multiple color than mono colored images.
4. Cover Images : Always select the cover images for your boards which will draws people to the board. Better you see all your pins and decide which one fits best in the space allotted and which ones have the most punch. You can learn from the others board cover images which are attracting you as well.
5. Keywords : Try to use appropriate keywords in your pin description. It will help people find your pins more easily and will attract more followers and traffic to your pins.
6. Description : Along with using relevant keywords you should use proper words and proper grammar while writing description . Description with short and simple words draw more users. It will definitely increase the scope of your pin showing up in search results.
7. Board Names : Similar to description and using keywords board name plays a vital role while attracting audience. It is necessary to use relevant keywords and board names should be treated as headlines and they need to draw people’s attention.
8. Group Boards : Group boards can be used to boost up the numbers of followers. You can pin to those boards by adding yourself ans with prior permission of pinning your pins over there. You have to follow the board owner’s rules and guidelines. As the boards are already popular in drawing audience hence it will definitely increase your following.
9. Repinning : While repinning it is always recommended to use some unique pins of your own as well. Don't repin blindly, which may afefct your pins.
10. Pinning Tools: Various tools are available to help you pin more effectively. A tool named "Pinreach" will help you determine how well you are doing and can give boost your Pinterest ‘score. Another tool called "Piqora" is a great tool for marketers, which can be used for promoting and tracking the results for your marketing efforts. Several other tools are also available to boost up your pinterest activity result.
11. Facebook and Twitter Interaction : Make sure that you connect with your other social media accounts. And it obviously increases followers, likes, repins, tweets etc.
12. Pin Videos : There is a separate section for videos pinning. Make use of it and you can capture your niche in the video pin community, which in turn will give you better result.
13. Blog Posts : When posting on your blog, be sure to use images so you can pin the post and image to your boards. Do not pin an entire post but a short teaser with a link will work very well. Only post to appropriate boards and do not overdo self-promotion.
14. Pin Stats : Pinterest shows statistics on your pins, so make sure to use them to learn and take decision accordingly. This will give you proper understanding of pinning.
15. Research Pins : You might like some of the most popular pins. Make use of the pins to learn and study them to see what differentiates them from other pins. In a similar way, use the concept for you own pins too.
Pinterest is purely a site with images and videos and have a greater social activity engagement that can bring you more visitors and grow your business. Share you comments if you have more ideas for better Pinterest pinning.