Twitter, the hugely popular micro-blogging site is testing an option for users that enables them to buy products on Twitter. Currently, a small percentage of U.S. users will see a “Buy” button on tweets from a group of brands, organizations and celebrities tweets.
Twitter group product manager Tarun Jain posted on its blog that “This is an early step in our building functionality into Twitter to make shopping from mobile devices convenient and easy, hopefully even fun. Users will get access to offers and merchandise they can’t get anywhere else and can act on them right in the Twitter apps for Android and iOS; sellers will gain a new way to turn the direct relationship they build with their followers into sales.”
Lets see how to buy on Twitter?
Certain sellers will be showing their products as available for purchase within your Twitter timeline. There will be a Buy button within the Tweet that enables you to make purchase the product.
Simple steps to buy:
- You have to tap the Buy button within the Tweet
- You will be prompted to an expanded description and image of the product.
- Now select your variant and tap Buy Now
- Following the selection of the product you have to feel up your billing and shipping information
- Tap on Confirm to make purchase.
But as of now the only limitation is that this in-Tweet purchasing is currently available for United States users only on Twitter for iPhone or Twitter for Android apps.
Click here to view the detailed steps.