One of these latest creations focuses on our healthy obsession with MySpace. Oh, wait. All apologies. Considering the Googlebomb story from earlier, this author is still stuck in 2004 mode, a time when MySpace ruled the social media scene. Now that title belongs to Facebook, naturally, and that’s where this particular infographic focused.
That being said, it would be pretty neat to see a before-and-after infographic covering MySpace’s reign of sparkling gif terror.
As for Facebook, well, it’s safe to say we’re a nation of Facebook freaks, but said addiction doesn’t just start and stop with the United States. In fact, according to the infographic, 71.2 percent of Facebook users reside outside of the US.
There are a number of other interesting tidbits, like:
- Members over the age of 35 comprise more than 30 percent of Facebook members
- 48 percent of “young Americans” get their news from Facebook (frightening)
- 750 million photos were uploaded to Facebook over the last New Years weekend
Another interesting portion deals with a 20-minute breakdown of Facebook activity. The findings include:
- 1.9 million friend requests accepted
- 1.5 million wall posts
- 1.3 million photos tagged
- over 10 million comments made
Here’s the entire infographic :